Ubuntu 5.10 and flock
Installed Ubuntu 5.10 Breezy Badger on the laptop.
Had to boot with acpi=off and irqpoll option, and everything works. Everything that matters atleast, like sound, usb mouse, and wireless(!). Except ofcourse my cd/dvd writer does not work properly ..yet. This version looks clean, and i had to install only once, unlike 5.04 which I had to install thrice.
And I am blogging this from the Flock beta browser. Maybe, when it matures from it's current buggy age, I will switch to it.
3 Comments:
Hellone ... long time ... post something buddy !!! :-)
flock! i wanted to try that .. :)
man! use k3b for burning the best burner s/w one can hope for ! its good :)
:( I badly want to use k3b. But Linux simply refuses to detect the DVD. The drive works only as a simple cd reader.
I am going to need some time to figure out how to make it work. :/
Post a Comment
<< Home